Day-Dream
I was having a day-dream on Friday morning.
In my dream, it was my last day of work. I was happy when I reached the office. My colleagues were all sad and teary in the eye. Their sadness made me feel sad too! Afterall, we had become very close over the 2 yrs plus I was here. But 天下无不散之宴席, when the time comes, people will have to go eventually.
With this 'happy yet sad' thought in my mind, I reached office on Friday, feeling slightly better about Saturday's workshop. Called my friend at Corp Comms, R to ask her some stuff. She gave me the answers I was looking for. A grad of SMU, we had grown close last year where we had to handle an awards ceremony graced by an important Guest-of-Honour. We are also the founders of 'Club 84'. So her 'Oh, btw, I have quit. Tendered this morning." brought sudden tears to my eye.
I guessed my voice must have changed cos she went "Don't like that leh, you are making me sad." She sniffed.
I thought of my day-dream... it's happening but the roles are reversed. I know she had been having a tough time at work for the past few months, but I never expected her to give up. Maybe her dept is jinxed cos no one stayed more than a year. R herself was 2 days away from her one year anniversary.
I'm not having a good time with B myself. But I shall stay on. At least I can still find some happiness at work right now. To me, happiness in life is the most important. So, B, please don't kill this happiness.
R, no matter what you plan to do next, I will miss u so!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home