Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Point System

To Baddest Bad's relief (and amusement), I chanced upon the book Why Mars & Venus Collide. I have always wanted to read the first book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus when his cousin, Helena, recommended the book to me, but never got around to do it. Well, it's pretty interesting and amusing. Makes me less angry about his Zhi Shu behaviour. And I have even applied it in real life!

Anyway, according to the book, we, ladies, will subconsciously keep a point system of our man. It's not something to fault but we are just simply programmed to be this way. Whereas to man, they simply just don't care.

"Most men overlook the little things that can rack up big points on Venus"
"Taking her on a vacation is certainly worth a few points, but planning the vacation or romantic gateaway in advance earns a man more points, because she has more time to prepare for it and imagine how wonderful it will be. Before they even go, every time she talks about it to a friend, she gives him a point. Every time she goes shopping to prepare for the trip, she gives him a point. He can get thirty points before they leave."

- From Why Mars & Venus Collide by John Gray
_____________

So while discussing with my designer one fine day for the nth time about my marketing collateral, he suddenly said 'Hey, that's a unique ring! I like it!' I beamed!

"Yeah! The proposal ring has a diamond in the middle! It can be worn together to complement each other!" I told him happily.

"Wow! You are married at such a young age! The ring is really unique. I haven't seen any quite like it. I like the design... the way they come together in a curve."

"Thanks! I haven't had my banquet yet lah. So not married married."

"ROM considered married liao lah. Where did you ROM?Found the venue for banquet?"
_________________

From this simple conversation, Baddest Bad Score Card is:
  • 1 point - my friend has complimented the wedding band
  • 5 points - saving up, researching and choosing a proposal ring that I can talk about with my friend
  • 2 points - choosing a wedding band that complement my proposal ring and one that he is not shy to wear
  • 1 point - proposing at a young age
  • 3 points - planned proposal with my friends, pretended nothing is happening and traveled alone to propose
  • 2 points - my friend is a designer and he likes the unique and simple design
  • 8 points - holding our ROM at Furama instead of ROM and being Bestest Best during the ROM (minus 2 points from 10 points for not reciting well for his English vows)
  • 10 points - wedding banquet venue recce adventures
Tada! Baddest Bad has scored 32 points from my conversation with the designer!
*pat pat on the back*

Anyway, the point is, we, ladies should be in-charge of our own happiness. When you are angry, think about what your man has done for you. In love, fighting to win an argument is a losing battle. Cos when you hurt someone you love, you most likely end up losing too in the end.

Now, anyone want to borrow this book? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home