Pass Through the Walls
Well, during this period, we are having lots of changes in the company. One big headache is our seating arrangements. We will all be 'relocated' to different floors of the office.
During lunch with the usual gang, one of my colleagues, Tra, told me this very 'bang wall' (using my ex-student's fave quote) conversation in her department. Let's call her colleague G.
Tra's department will be relocated to the 3rd floor. Her department needs to use the storeroom quite often and it is located in the office next to theirs. So G went up to her boss and protested about the relocation.
G: Now that we are going to shift. It's going to take super long for me to reach to the store room. I have to turn left to get out of my cubicle, walk straight, then turn right, walk straight, then turn left then walk straight then turn right again to get to the storeroom.
Boss: Yes, you have to. Unless you want to pass through the wall?
G, with amazement and hope in her eyes: Really? You mean... I can do that? Erm... how can I do that? It would really save me some time?
Boss: Well, just grab some wood and build a door at the wall will do.
And G went into this serious thinking mood till her boss said she is just kidding and how the distance is actually quite short as compared to the current distance.
If I were the boss, I would have replied, "Just bang your head on the wall lor. Thereafter, you MIGHT be able to float through it." keke.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home