Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wedding Bells - Venue Shopping!

What has been keeping Baddest Bad and me busy these weekends? Preparing for our big day next year! Bridezilla and Groomzilla mode is still held at bay. haha.

Hope to share with my friends, future bride-to-bes, about our fun adventure of venue shopping for our wedding banquet next year.

Challenges:
1) FIL is particular about food, thus, would be good if the hotel has chinese restaurant of certain quality (subjected to his approval)
2) We have an estimate of 40 tables to cater for
3) Must be centralised or near MRT since he (and most of his relatives) stays in the West while mine stays in North-East.

Wanted very much to hold our wedding back at Furama Riverfront. Was so happy that the other couple decided to give up the venue. But the price of their banquet has risen to be slightly above our budget. And they do not have a Chinese restaurant, thus we decided to look for alternatives.

So here we go... the fun hunt for our wedding banquet. *dang dang dang dang*

Venue 1 - Orchard Hotel

Been to this hotel thrice. First time was for the Work & Travel USA exhibition and the second time for my company's D&D. Experience had been good on both counts. Only when Dear and I reached the hotel did we realise that we have both been here together before... during Day 2 of CNY 2009. The food was great!

The Ballroom is pillarless and nice!

The spacious cocktail area which I love. :) But there might be another wedding next door and guests might be confused if not properly planned.

Venue 2 - York Hotel

What a hike up to York Hotel! Have to walk cross GWP Hotel before reaching their sister hotel. Was already sweaty and grumpy (for me cos he is never grumpy) when we arrived. Simplistic lobby with nothing much to wow about. Another minus point is... the banquet manager forgot we were coming! Baddest Bad already made up his mind not to have our wedding here.

Anyway, if you are going to have a small banquet, this can be a good place to have your wedding.

The ballroom with only one theme. Cosy feel with not too high ceilings.

But if you have as many tables as us, the cocktail area will need to be opened up to accomodate more tables...

... and some tables will have blocked views.

Venue 3 - Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre

Been to this hotel during my cousin's wedding some years ago. As I was her jie mei at that time, I missed the opportunity to really sit and savour the food. Thus, I can only say, I love the ballroom. How I wish I can have a small wedding of 20 tables and would be just nice for this hotel?

If you look carefully, you can't see the actual stage if you are seated on the right side of the room. But there are lots of LCD screens (a total of 6!) to show you the stage activities.

The winning point for this venue is that the reception area is really exclusively yours! I remember that I was impressed by it at Sherlyn's wedding.

We have shortlisted Orchard Hotel after discussions with our parents. Just hope that the venue will become available to us soon.

Waiting for 弟to finally be back in Singapore. We will then meet up together with his idol photographer to discuss more on how he can help to capture the priceless and precious moments of our BIG day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home