TisAl, Get well Soon
Ever since the car came into our lives in September last yr, we hardly took bus and MRT together anymore. It was amazing how he could stand the long journey that he had to endure after he saw me home. It's an hour ride! And it lasted for some many yrs.
So on Sat, car-less and full of thoughts about the upcoming Science Symposium, Ba traveled back to office with me so that I can have a peace of mind. We were almost there when I realised that I forgot to bring my pass!! *faint* What to do... we alighted at Upper Paya Laber Road immediately.
Ba suggested that we went exploring around the area, and perhaps, find our way to my house. The rule is... we can't take the main road. I was like... "WHAT!! Ask me to walk so far?!"
Our 'exploring' actually brought us to Surin Ave, and back to Charlton School. Looking at the old and run-down school, I can almost imagine young students in dark blue and white uniform running about.
The padi field that was on the news once. The air-conditioned music room. The canteen. The little stage where I used to perform in the school band. Aroozoo school that merged with Charlton when I was in P1. Blk 123 where students hung out and was caught.
It was more than a decade ago! Now the school has been renamed....
And Charlton has already merged with Sther's school, Xing Hua. *tsk tsk*
We went to Kovan and took a bus back home. =p
Having a car is so costly, yet so convenient! Especially if you are not the driver, like me, you can have the luxury of sleeping in the car. =) With the fast-paced life I'm leading, a car can really save lots of time. So Tisal, pls come back into my life soon.
p/s: I'm praying real heard for a great symposium tmr. Hope that nothing is screwed!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home