Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Aunty Thing and the Red Packets

Ever since I ROMed last October, I told myself not to become aunty-ish... at least not so fast you know? haha. In terms of behaviour-wise, I think I'm still okay. In terms of looking aunty-ish, well, there are lots of ppl who still call me 小妹. During kick-boxing lessons, my instructor called me baby-Hui. haha. It's always nice to be a sweet (sweet has never been linked to me though) young thing, don't you agree?

To cut a long story short, Baddest Bad and I will be giving out ang pow to his side of the family this year. At first, I wasn't happy abt it. But I don't wanna see him with his sad puppy dog look. So I went into this with gusto, after consulting Dad of cos.

Anyway, the aunty thing happened at Tampines one last night. Being my first time giving out ang pow, I don't wanna use the boring POSB red packet... so, we happened to chance upon this place that is having some lelong!

“来啊!来啊!很便宜啊!快啊快啊!”

Due to lack of time, Ba went to run his errand and I went to see the lelong!

There were lots of Tiger red packets there. Signage read: 1 for $0.50, 10 for $3.00, buy 10 get 10 free!!

Siao bo, 20 packs of ang pow for $0.15 each packet! But who to give 20 packs to huh? Got angpow no money to give leh!

Beside me were two ladies, an older lady with kids, and another ang pow newbie like me (cos she looks young too). The older lady asked the younger one, "Would you like to share?" The younger lady says okay. But she has trouble finding 5 more. I secretly hope that they will ask me to share too. LOL.

Finally, the older lady saw her struggles and asked me to share together. Bingo! Dear joined us then and he saw me trying to dig through the pile of red packets thus, joined in my 'quest'. It was only later that he found out about the bargain - my $0.50 has been used to buy 5 packets instead of 1 packet of ang pows. hehe. He said I am becoming aunty liao. -_-" hmph.

Our loots for the Tiger yr. ROAR!!

Big-eyed Ba with enthusiastic KH. :)

Anyway, if you ever read this... I just want you to be happy okay. Don't worry too much. Happy Valentines' Day!

Oh ya, I'm happy that I took half-day leave ytd, not becos I want to go home and do marketing, like my colleagues who are married, but to spend some personal time together and clear my off days. Thou shalt not think of work during this long weekend!

Happy CNY and Vday to all my dearest friends too! Hugs!

Last, but not least, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to dearest Devilly! Keep the tinge of devillishness and angelic-ness in place. I'm sure you will go far de, don't worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home