Sunday, March 11, 2007

Simplicity.... I Yearn for U....

Life's amazing.... A minute, it can be simple and relaxed.... the next, it becomes very complicated. But that's what makes it so interesting and beautiful.

During weekdays, there are battles to be fought. Try as I might to stay positive, sometimes, things just get me down! I try not to read too much into people's actions, yet I can't let my guards down. I have seen, heard and experienced what dad described as 见人说人话,见鬼说鬼话。People can be nice, but you don't know what are their motives.

Which is why I love weekends. When things can get simpler. Starting from Friday nite's gathering with friends who knows, loves and cares for me... for who I really am. Like last friday's simple gathering at AMK hub. Don't have to spend too much money, don't have to dress too well to impress, don't have to butter up your tongues to speak of nice stuff, don't even have to be nasty just to hurt others. Cos we know each other too well.... to guess each other's motive, to gauge each other's mood, know each other's threshold levels, to finish off each other's sentences. How nice it is to hang out with people who are on the same wavelength as u.

Saturday was a relaxing day at Pulau Ubin. The island that seemed to be stuck in the 1960s has changed. The cycling tracks are better now, there are concrete paths to cycle on, a contrast from the forest trails in the past. The kampungs reminded me of my childhood still.... even blew at some stalks of lalang (how do u spell it?). Watched the seeds flew away. Missed living in the nature... Ba told me maybe becos I'm Leaf, so I really like being a part of nature. (That doesn't mean I wanna die and get buried in the ground ok.)

Anyway, I did a very typical 'KH thing'. I managed to overturn my packet of Changi V nasi lemak during our picnic! *faint* my yummy delight!! So... treating me like a kid, Ba had to put everything into a mass tin for me. A very typical 'Ba-thing', which lives up to the motto...once a scout, always a scout. He brought with him mass tin, matchsticks, aluminum foil (to make into a bowl/ stove) and solid fuel and was happily starting (playing with) fire. hahaha.

We cycled the day away in the hot and humid weather, enjoying nature and it's peacefulness. Slept like a log at night and didn't wake up with a single muscle ache! Maybe my stamina wasn't that bad after all. *grin*

Have a great, simple, peaceful week everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home