Melbourne Haunts
Blogging with a heavy heart.
First weekend back in Singapore and Australia is still haunting me. I really enjoyed myself there. 10 things I miss about the trip
1) The company
2) The journey
3) The scenery
4) suan-ing Jun in the morning and night (cos she's grouchy in the morn, and me, at night)
5) naming all the things around me: Jun's soft toy as 'Bear', our plastic bag as "Dump-it bag" and my new sea turtle as "Wu Tur"
6) playing Big 2 at night while waiting for our hair to dry
7) being near to Ba 24 hours of the day (sometimes I turn and somehow still expect to see him around)
8) the cold cold spring weather
9) Fish n Chips, Hot Chocolate and cakes (I never liked cakes in Sg)
10) Many many many things that I will never be able to describe here
First weekend back, Ba and I went to Candy Empire to try and find the Black Pepper n Lime potato chips, seemed like it's out of stock. But there's just too much Aussie stuff there. Chips from Australia and nougats too.
Thinking of eating something good for our once-a-month-indulgence and decided to try Outback Steakhouse. Little did we know, this is an Australian Restaurant! The whole place is decorated with boomerangs, posters of Australian landscape, there's even a plush kangeroo inside!
The menu was named in an Aussie way too! Appetisers are known as "Aussie-tisers" and examples of main courses Rockhampten Ribeye, Alice Springs Chicken etc.
We both felt that it was pretty good! We will definitely go back there again. =)
It has been one week and I'm still missing the place! Shall save up for my next trip!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home