Job Satisfaction
Finally, all my events are over! Here are some highlights as well as some take-home lessons from the events.
1) Speakers for Science Sharing Session
I was in-charge of getting speakers to address the moulders of our future (teachers lah!) and I managed to get Dr Paul Chui, Senior Director of Forensic Medicine, and Ms November Tan, environmentalist blogger, Masters student in NUS.
It was interesting when my editor and I went down to discuss with Dr Chui about his content for presentation. It's amazing.... a person who is such an expert in his field has no snobbish air around him. Enjoyed speaking to him. Learnt a lot too.
November's speech was intriguing too. She gave analogies about how nature and us, human beings are so alike. For example, how mud lobsters build their mud moulds which is like our HDB flats. Give her blog (http://leafmonkey.blogspot.com) a click ok? I was mentioned there as a 'nice rep'. hahahaha.
Thanks to my wonderful speakers for being.... simply wonderful.
2) Emcee for Maths Workshop (M Cube)
It's my 2nd time doing emceeing for a workshop. Though I have gone through numerous presentations back in NBS, I still felt the jitters when addressing my 100+ audience. Luckily, I felt like myself after my jittery introduction.
" A very good morning teachers! Welcome to our... (I stumbled at the alliterations) Meaningful Math for Mastery Workshop!..."
And I was on the go for our 2nd session in the afternoon! =)
Our speaker, Patsy, was indeed a National Maths consultant! Normally, I sat out of the workshops that I organised and left the teachers with the speakers, but this time, I sat in the room with the editors 80% of the time? haha. Maybe I really love Maths ba!
Patsy took off yesterday back to New Orleans! Wish her a pleasant trip home. 18 hours... I can't imagine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note.... special thanks for Baddest Bad and a pal's support during my down period (why must I always feel down just before my event and need help?! DUH!)
The words that touches me the most from my pal, hope they inspire u as well:
"Remember no one is allow to make you feel lousy unless you allow yourself to... what people wants to do is their own business. We work for ourselves ok! Every challenge is a good personal growth."
Gal, if you are reading this... I wanna say thanks for always always being here (not there, but here) for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home